POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extinction value of scattering and mirrors : Re: Extinction value of scattering and mirrors Server Time
27 Apr 2024 05:58:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extinction value of scattering and mirrors
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 18 Jul 2016 14:07:18
Message: <578d1ad6$1@news.povray.org>

> I'm not an expert on the practical application of photons, and
> haven't done much work on the photons code either, so can't give a
> precise explanation of the magic behind it and why it makes your
> scene fail, but your problem seems to be in the `spacing` parameter.

   Yes, it seems to be a case of "not enough photons". Just using spacing
.1 gives a "better result":

Number of photons shot:            1265
Surface photons stored:             630
Media photons stored:             20351

   With spacing 1 it was only getting a few photons:

Number of photons shot:              21
Surface photons stored:              10
Media photons stored:                28

--