POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Friday Quote : Re: Friday Reply Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:40:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Friday Reply
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jul 2016 11:09:15
Message: <5788fc9b$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/15/2016 1:24 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 15.07.2016 um 13:42 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 7/15/2016 12:24 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> "The dumbest question is the one you don't ask."
>>
>> There are no dumb questions only dumb answers.
>
> That's what I was told as a kid, too, but pondering the above quote I
> think it must be revised: You cannot /ask/ dumb questions -- but all the
> questions you /don't/ ask are, indeed, kinda dumb.

I must confess that I am wrong about dumb questions.
The phrase I heard was there are no stupid questions. Dumb questions are
a different matter entirely.

I think that we are using "dumb" differently. When it is not about
silence it is about reducing the intellectual contend. As in dumbing down.

--

Regards
     Stephen