POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WebGL : Re: WebGL Server Time
28 Jul 2024 04:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WebGL
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 14 Jul 2016 16:28:16
Message: <5787f5e0@news.povray.org>
On 06/06/2016 01:36 PM, scott wrote:
>> Sometimes I really wish I knew how to do this stuff for myself...
>
> Follow a tutorial on WebGL - or if you want to skip all the html/js
> boilerplate stuff you'll need to know, go straight to something like
> shadertoy. There are plenty of examples, and shadertoy now supports
> reading back pixels from previous frames, so you can do
> multi-frame-averaging for path-tracing amongst other effects.

Is there some sort of offline client program for ShaderToy? It would be
really nice to not have to put up with the frailness of Opera, and to be
able to easily *save* my source code, etc.

> Building a lens simulator (with real-time path-traced results) sounds
> feasible and very interesting.

I still hope to do this soon...

PS. Just for giggles, try running ShaderToy on your *phone*! It actually
works... kinda...