POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : And now for something completely different... : Re: And now for something completely different... Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:44:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different...
From: clipka
Date: 9 Jul 2016 07:07:52
Message: <5780db08$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.07.2016 um 08:28 schrieb Paul Fuller:
> On 20/06/2016 6:33 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
>> So I've made and published a colouring book.  I get a few bucks more out
>> of it being bought from Createspace, but Amazon has the whole customer
>> rating/review dealio.  (This post technically probably counts
>> as spam, come to think of it.)
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Mermaids-coloring-book-Timothy-Cook/dp/1533468958/
>>
>> --
>> Tim Cook
>> http://empyrean.sjcook.com
>
> Seen on Amazon.com:
>
> Paperback
> $14.95
> 1 Used from $14.99 7 New from $13.29
>
> Now who would buy a used colouring book?  For more than the new price.
> Well unless it had been coloured in and signed by Van Gough or another
> famous artist.

Reminds me of an anecdote I heard about Pablo Picasso: When he once he
noticed he didn't have enough money with him to pay for a coffee, the
waiter proposed that Picasso should draw some sketch and pay with that
instead. The artist agreed, drew some sketch on a napkin (or whatever
was at hand), and handed it over -- unsigned. When the waiter asked
Picasso to sign his work, the artist replied: "Garcon, I intend to pay
for a coffee, not buy the entire shop."