POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SF Playlist : Re: SF Playlist Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SF Playlist
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jun 2016 03:02:19
Message: <577220fb$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/28/2016 6:12 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Well it's different and the Finns liked it.
>>

> A couple of thoughts:
>
> Thought I:  Long, long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and the
> Internet was young, if you were looking for something, and you couldn't
> find it anywhere else, you could always find it in Finland (finet,
> wasn't it?).  I figured it probably had something to do with the lack of
> anything else to do that didn't involve reindeer.

 From what I remember. The internet sprang fully formed from the
Bulletin Boards. (A convenient memory, I have. :-) )

> Thought II:  Warp's going to show up and correct me, isn't he?  Well, I
> probably have it coming.

Probably not. He has been missing in action for a while. His last post
said that the Finnish backbone was having problems resolving PovRay's
address. Or something like that.
He is missed. </Squeak*

*
The sound of a nose being dusted by billiard chalk. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen