POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WebGL : WebGL Server Time
27 Jul 2024 22:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  WebGL
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 5 Jun 2016 10:05:26
Message: <575431a6$1@news.povray.org>
Hey guys. Remember this?

http://madebyevan.com/webgl-path-tracing/

Yeah, well now there's this:

http://jonathan-olson.com/tesserace/tests/3d.html

Firstly, it looks a bit less like a computer simulation and more like
the Real World. Only a bit, but hey.

My favourite feature is that you can adjust the lens aperture and focus
distance. I was just wondering whether you could accurately simulate
depth of field using path tracing! Now we just need to be able to change
the focal length of the lens too... (There are also options for
adjusting the exposure.)

For a camera nerd, this is quite fun! (Well, it beats Nikon's "lens
simulator", which just shows a static JPEG with variable magnification!)

Sometimes I really wish I knew how to do this stuff for myself...

What *would* be interesting is to see how this handles a scene of
non-trivial complexity. I'm going to say "like a glacier"...