POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of humor : Re: Speaking of humor Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:54:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of humor
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jun 2016 08:41:23
Message: <57502973@news.povray.org>
On 6/2/2016 1:25 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 6/2/2016 3:30 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> "graveyard humour" that some professions and people have can be quite
>> shocking to people not used to it.
>
> your mention of waiting to see if you had to buy the bottle and John's
> comeback at scot's being frugal is what prompted my query ... i've also
> been told that my sense of humor tends to be on the dark-ish side

You're ex-forces (military). You cannot be a shrinking violet and live
in that environment. Unfortunately most people in civvy street don't
understand.
Working offshore it was not out of place to ask someone who was being
medevaced if you could have their locker or what size boots they wore.

A good friend of mine was shocked after telling me that she had a couple
of dodgy flights. When I said. "Remind me not to fly with you."
That was before she knew me properly.
It was also another country where saying that I was so hungry I could
eat a horse. Silenced the company.

What! What did I say wrong? :)

--

Regards