POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of humor : Re: Speaking of humor Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of humor
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jun 2016 08:29:10
Message: <57502696$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/2/2016 1:03 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 6/2/2016 3:30 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 6/1/2016 12:11 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> As for your comments I think you were being sarky to her. My usage of
>> sarky is that it is a mild form of sarcasm. To illustrate a point in
>> your case.
>
> hmmm sarky ... never heard that term before.

It is, I think, a variation of snarky

>> that's the one that my friend used ... /had/ to beg to differ as i
>> wasn't trying to be critical

I beg to differ. To my ears/eyes you were being critical. But there is
nothing wrong with criticism. It doesn't always mean negativity. You
were being positive trying to help. Most people I know would have
laughed and said. Yes my hand does hurt I must try not to pick up any
more hot bricks.

--

Regards
     Stephen