POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of humor : Re: Speaking of humor Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:44:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of humor
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jun 2016 03:30:52
Message: <574fe0ac$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2016 12:11 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:

> Any opinions about well placed sarcasm?

It is often said in Britain that Americans don't do irony.
Sarcasm is meant to be hurtful whilst irony is saying the opposite of
what you really mean for effect or humour. Which mixed in with the
"graveyard humour" that some professions and people have can be quite
shocking to people not used to it.

As for your comments I think you were being sarky to her. My usage of
sarky is that it is a mild form of sarcasm. To illustrate a point in
your case.

I would not take offence.

--

Regards