POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of humor : Speaking of humor Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Speaking of humor
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 1 Jun 2016 07:11:19
Message: <574ec2d7$1@news.povray.org>
OK so John mentioned having a sense humor as being helpful during his
recent battle ... what about sarcasm? I'm not talking about mean
spiteful comments but something a bit more benign. In a recent
conversation with a friend she was lamenting about her current life
situation and how things seemed like they would never change. Repeating
the same mistakes is the reoccurring theme here ... My response was "So
hows that been working out for you ... I mean how many times do you need
to pick up a hot brick before you realize that it's hot!" It seems like
healthy self assured people usually accept it better than those with a
fragile personality. BTW: If you believe what you read on the internet
(and I don't) the general consensus is that sarcasm is the tool of a
bitter person.

Any opinions about well placed sarcasm?