POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Make it : Re: Make it Server Time
27 Jul 2024 22:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make it
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 27 May 2016 13:52:58
Message: <5748897a$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/05/2016 08:31 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Another trick against the "right order" of linking: put everything but the main in a
single archive library ( .a ).

> Then compile the main source into a binary with the library on the command line.

Heh, don't even get me started on archive files!

I had the "brilliant idea" of turning each folder into an archive, and
then linking those together. Trouble is... it only works 95% of the
time. About 5% of the time, the resulting object behaves differently
(i.e., wrong). GTest in particular seems to not like it. I have no idea why.

I stripped all traces of .a files out of the Makefile, and half my
problems went away...