POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Make it : Re: Make it Server Time
27 Jul 2024 22:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Make it
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 26 May 2016 15:28:48
Message: <57474e70$1@news.povray.org>
Le 26/05/2016 20:11, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
> I can't believe I've just spent an entire day writing Makefiles... At this rate, it
would almost be simpler to just write a loop to compile every source file in every
directory and then link them all! But, alas, it turns out that you have to actually
link them in the
> right order, or it doesn't work.
>
> I also enjoy how if you try to link an executable, it whines about unresolved
symbols, but if you link an SO file, it's NOT considered an error to have missed half
of the necessary object files... (!)

> On the plus side, as a result of this, I got our Makefile down from 22KB to 4KB...

Shared lib (.so) are allowed to be completed later by other libs, or even the loading
binary. It's at runtime that you will get your problems.