POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Make it : Make it Server Time
27 Jul 2024 22:33:36 EDT (-0400)
  Make it
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 May 2016 14:11:03
Message: <57473c37$1@news.povray.org>
I can't believe I've just spent an entire day writing Makefiles... At
this rate, it would almost be simpler to just write a loop to compile
every source file in every directory and then link them all! But, alas,
it turns out that you have to actually link them in the right order, or
it doesn't work.

I also enjoy how if you try to link an executable, it whines about
unresolved symbols, but if you link an SO file, it's NOT considered an
error to have missed half of the necessary object files... (!)

On the plus side, as a result of this, I got our Makefile down from 22KB
to 4KB...