POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oculus Rift lock-down? : Re: Oculus Rift lock-down? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:03:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oculus Rift lock-down?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 25 May 2016 22:22:54
Message: <57465dfe@news.povray.org>
On 5/24/2016 12:46 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> So on the one hand, part of me wants to tell Patrick to calm down dude.
> On the other hand... slightly scary times.

lol Well, even if I got wordy.. This is the general sentiment of at
least a half dozen bloggers I know, who are research scientists, at
least one cartoonist, who did a cartoon in which the guy stated, "X may
be true in Y rare case.", and an hour later his grandmother was saying,
"Did you here that X cures Z, because Y!!!" So.. Yeah.. there is no
sense, in journalism, or any place else, of any real desire or interest
in getting facts right. Its almost worse than the days when, "Getting
the facts right.", meant, "Not contradicting the government.", since, at
least in the US, at the time, the government actually thought that being
right, instead of just pretending to be right, like those damn reds, was
a sign of American superiority.

Now.. its a race to see which part of the press will propagate your
propaganda, no matter how bloody disconnected from reality that
propaganda actually is (see the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, or the Trump
campaign, on one side, or the claims by the Democrats that they are
"liberal progressives" on the other).

:p

Its not hopeless, by a long shot, but.. since the hope is in
"alternative media", and that is on the internet, and the internet has
even less control, or interest in getting facts right, as a whole.. its
sort of becoming a case of, "Which alternate parallel universe do you
prefer to live in, and how upset will you be when reality turns out to
be in, 'one of the other ones'?" lol

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get