POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux: best way to communicate between processes? : Re: Linux: best way to communicate between processes? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:54:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux: best way to communicate between processes?
From: scott
Date: 18 May 2016 02:56:33
Message: <573c1221$1@news.povray.org>
>>> PIGPIO and GPIOZERO don't need root anymore, the user just needs to be in the
>>> gpio group
>>
>> Yes I did read that (and tried following the instructions to update), but either it
doesn't work or (more likely) I didn't update properly everything that needs updating.
If it worked, it would obviously be the most trivial solution to implement.

>> I might just get another SD card and put the latest version of raspbian on there,
if that works OK then I'll copy over all necessary files from the old one.

> If the current user is added to a group, it must relog to see the effect (current
session is not updated when such change occurs)

I'm pretty sure I did that, but anyway there are some issues with the pi
camera (it stops responding after anywhere between 100000 - 400000
photos being taken and needs a power cycle) so a newer build hopefully
fixes that too.