POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Say goodbye to photographic and video evidence : Re: Say goodbye to photographic and video evidence Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:29:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Say goodbye to photographic and video evidence
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 20 Mar 2016 22:34:02
Message: <56ef5d9a$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 22:26:26 -0400, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Winston's Confession - 0:45 - Winston confesses to thoughtcrime. Just as
> with the rest of the confessions, he is forced to confesses to crimes he
> never actually committed.
> http://www.apfn.org/audio/1984-Winstons-Confession.mp3
>
> Of course:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/20/
mindreading_mri_spots_letters_in_the_brain/

> if they have #read, it's only a matter of time before they devise #open,
> #write, #erase, #format, #copy, #append, etc.

For me, this is kinda like talking about weakening encryption.

Just because governments may want to mandate weak encryption for law
enforcement purposes completely forgets that there are people outside
their jurisdiction who will create such encryption programs, and those
programs will most certainly be used by the people they want to target
the most.

All you do is drive the technology further underground, or outside the
legal reach of those who wish to control it.

It ain't going to be stopped.  Better to understand how it works and be
fully conversant in the technology than to be ignorant of it or to
pretend it doesn't exist.

Jim