POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:49:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 17 Mar 2016 13:53:41
Message: <56eaef25$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:53:27 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 3/16/2016 4:46 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> That view seems to have gone here. It is so common place. It might be
>>> just the people I meet. There is a lot more tolerance than there was
>>> when I was the age to smoke it.
>>> Or maybe it's because I live in London - Sin City.
>>
>> Could be.
>>
>> The irony is that the criminalization of pot in the US is driven
>> largely (but not exclusively) by a party that claims to be about
>> "personal responsibility".  There's an irony in that.
>>

> Strange isn't it that parties who want a smaller governments are so keen
> on passing oppressive laws?

Yep.

"We want government out of our lives" - and then pass laws that interfere
with women's health issues, have intrusive surveillance, want to weaken
strong encryption, and criminalize things like pot that only generally
affect the user.

Basically, to limit anyone who they feel has a different "morality" than
they do.

There's a word for this, I think....starts with 'h'. ;)

Jim