POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small math problem (in code) : Re: A small math problem (in code) Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:44:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A small math problem (in code)
From: scott
Date: 17 Mar 2016 04:08:44
Message: <56ea660c$1@news.povray.org>
> So I have the following program which I wrote to calculate the boundary of a
> gosper island, which it does quite admirably.  However, according to my logic,
> all resultant points should have an x coordinate -length/2 <= x </ length/2

What logic is that? To me it seems feasible that if you just consider
the very left-most piece at each iteration, it's just rotating
anti-clockwise, so eventually it might start to point left rather than
right?

> but
> I consistantly get a couple coordinates outside that area for values of epsilon
> smaller than ~0.17

FWIW if you zoom in on the POV version it does indeed go back further
than the starting point after the 5th iteration (see attached).

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'croppercapture[9].png' (22 KB)

Preview of image 'croppercapture[9].png'
croppercapture[9].png