POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
18 Jul 2024 15:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Mar 2016 12:44:43
Message: <56e98d7b$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 00:47:14 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 3/11/2016 12:17 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That was precisely my thought (the latter, not the former;)  )
>
> True and you must be rich or have good medical insurance. It seems to me
> that the Pharmas charge as much as the market will bear.

And even with good medical insurance, good care is sometimes hard to find
or comes at a premium.  For example, even though we've got a good dental
plan, a crown cost us about $600 a few weeks back - because our dentist
charges more than the standard rates (but they're good and worth it -
I've always had a phobia of needles in general, and the work I've had
done, when it's involved needles, hasn't been a problem at all.  In my
mind, that's worth the extra cost).

> There is a lot of grumbling on this side of the pond at the moment. With
> drug treatments being not cost effective. So patients die and companies
> prosper.

Yeah, on this side as well.  And then we have opportunists like Martin
Shrikeli who take drugs that are affordable and jack the prices up, and
then justify it by saying the insurance companies cover it *anyways*.

Because insurance company money is free to the consumer, apparently.

Jim