POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
18 Jul 2024 15:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Mar 2016 14:46:47
Message: <56e320a7$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/11/2016 8:01 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 11-3-2016 6:31, dick balaska wrote:
>> Am 2016-03-10 19:42, also sprach Stephen:
>>> There is a lot more tolerance than there was
>>> when I was the age to smoke it.
>>> Or maybe it's because I live in London - Sin City.
>>>

> Tolerance is high here. I live in the countryside and a fair amount of
> youth, and an uncertain number of adults, use weed openly.

As it is here, now.

> However, there also is a darker side around with other drugs, and a well-defined,
> drugs-related, criminal nucleus.

Yes, and when they are forced to meet in the logistics chain. We get
what you would expect. Youngsters  and vulnerable people getting caught
up in something they can't handle.

>> London was pretty tolerant in 05-06 when I lived there...
>>
>> Weird though, was Zurich in 99 when I had to walk past Needle Park to
>> get from my flat to the Hauptbahnhof.
>>

> All Needle Parks in the world are pretty dismal.

True, when I lived in Sydney and walked the wrong way down Victoria St.
at the Cross, all you could hear was the crunching of needles. :(

> There are a few individuals that I cross now and then when going to the supermarket.
Not
> difficult to spot unfortunately.

Sadly true.

--