POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spring has sprung : Re: Crocus Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crocus
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 11 Mar 2016 13:54:56
Message: <56e31480$1@news.povray.org>
Le 11/03/2016 19:15, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
> On 11/03/2016 06:12 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Apparently just outside where I work, the builders planted a row of
>> yellow crocuses sandwiched between purple ones.
>>
>> Actually most of them have been trampled flat by people trying to walk
>> to work. But there's a few of the left. After the yellow of a million
>> daffodils, it's nice to see some purple!
>
> Come to think of it, that's one of the puzzling things. It's really, really hard to
find "perfect" plants to photograph. Almost every single one has a few dead flowers,
or one of the stems is bent, or the leaves have been nibbled by snails, or whatever. I
don't understand
> where people get these pictures of 100% mathematically perfect plants from...

Do you know cooking book, with photos of serving dishes.
Same kind: hours of studio with make-up and dressing tools. Often the plate is cold
and the meal is no more eatable.

For instance, lobster once cooked are mat, yet most illustrations would show them
brilliant red... Bombing it with hair-spray.

You need a rose, perfect... order 200 roses and select, correct, remake