POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spring has sprung : Re: Crocus Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:46:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crocus
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 11 Mar 2016 13:14:50
Message: <56e30b1a$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/03/2016 06:12 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Apparently just outside where I work, the builders planted a row of
> yellow crocuses sandwiched between purple ones.
>
> Actually most of them have been trampled flat by people trying to walk
> to work. But there's a few of the left. After the yellow of a million
> daffodils, it's nice to see some purple!

Come to think of it, that's one of the puzzling things. It's really,
really hard to find "perfect" plants to photograph. Almost every single
one has a few dead flowers, or one of the stems is bent, or the leaves
have been nibbled by snails, or whatever. I don't understand where
people get these pictures of 100% mathematically perfect plants from...