POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:48:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Mar 2016 05:59:54
Message: <56e153aa$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/10/2016 8:14 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> The difficulty seems to be the impossibility to really pull weed out of
> the criminal circuit. That is where most of the efforts fail in the end.

Maybe impossible is not the right word. Legalising the herb would
automatically do that. Okay that is a simplification and a lot of
criminals would still be involved at the start as they have the networks.

> Politicians hardly want to burn their fingers on the issue and - not
> irrelevant

There is a lot of truth in that. They do not want to be seen to legalise
a substance that they have been decrying for decades. I believe that
there are several international treaties controlling the use of drugs
and they would need to be revoked in case the wrath of the UN comes down
on them.

> - the strength and resilience of the 'under'-world is a fair
> match to the 'upper'-world.

Indeed it is.

--

Regards