POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:51:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 9 Mar 2016 19:03:08
Message: <56e0b9bc$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 09:28:50 +0100, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> I have followed that with interest. Here (NL) we have been discussing
> for decades whether weed should be legalised or not (while the rest of
> Europe looked on with disapproving eyes about our semi-liberal and not
> too successful experiments about it) without coming to a decision. In
> the meantime, weed has been grown into something closer to a hard drug,
> and one might seriously reconsider the initial question yet again.

It's kinda a weird situation in the US, because it's legal in the state,
but illegal under federal law.  That means that a lot of dispensaries are
cash-only businesses because the banks don't want to risk a federal suit
for trafficking "drug money".

But most in the US these days see weed as no more harmful than alcohol or
cigarettes (and some say less so), which does beg the question of why
there's a double standard about it.

Jim