POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Mar 2016 03:29:07
Message: <56dfded3$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-3-2016 2:17, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:45:54 +0100, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> Heh, that's certainly true.
>>>

>> So, you have the interesting situation where it is easier to buy a gun
>> than a bottle of booze; where there is a policeman standing inside the
>> booze store but not in the gun store...
>>
>> Weird country. Maybe a topic for the brothers Coen.
>
> Yep.
>
> But here where I live, weed is also legal, so I suspect we don't have
> high crime.  Or maybe we do, depending on the meaning of 'high' you
> apply. ;)

I have followed that with interest. Here (NL) we have been discussing
for decades whether weed should be legalised or not (while the rest of
Europe looked on with disapproving eyes about our semi-liberal and not
too successful experiments about it) without coming to a decision. In
the meantime, weed has been grown into something closer to a hard drug,
and one might seriously reconsider the initial question yet again.

--
Thomas