POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
16 May 2024 22:04:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 7 Mar 2016 07:37:19
Message: <56dd75ff$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/07/2016 07:27 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

I took a quick look at the Google PDF again and with respect to the X
leg pull apart at the pole and I see this note:

"Objects appearing directly above or below the camera should remain at
least 3.5m from the camera (relative to an IPD of 6.5 cm)."

I placed the text much closer (1m?) and I think the "rule" above is
precisely about minimizing the distortion of shapes at the poles.

Bill P.