POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : sort.pov : Re: sort.pov Server Time
26 Apr 2024 15:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sort.pov
From: ThH
Date: 3 Mar 2016 21:36:25
Message: <56d8f4a9@news.povray.org>
Am 03.03.2016 um 23:56 schrieb Alain:

> arial.ttf is a standard font that come with all versions of Windows
> since Windows 3.0 or maybe earlier. It's copyrighted but free of charge.

Right Alain. I stumbled in the world of Win in it's 3.11 days, if I
recall it correctly. Pretty sure arial.ttf was present.

> It's NOT included with any other OS.
POV-Ray is shipping crystal.tff, cyrvetic.ttf and timrom.ttf.

These are present on any OS running POV-Ray. They are in the
include-folder... POV-Ray will find them easily ;)

> If you have, or had, any version of Windows comming with it, you can
> copy it to Linux or MacOS.

Read this somewhere else: This is Linux-country... On a quiet night you
can hear Windows reboot :))

I like the idea of only using free stuff!

If I'd need the ariallook, I'd use one of it's free clones. I'm fine
here :)))