POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation : Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation Server Time
21 May 2024 21:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Mar 2016 18:59:51
Message: <56d8cff7@news.povray.org>
> The "prism" function seemed to me a good way of modelling the plate, due to the
> given conditions in my case (1D vibration). For the animation I chose the linear
> spline curve, since I managed to make it work in other animations I tried
> before.

All you transformation does is calculate a point B from point A. It
will not affect any geometry. For that you must actually use the value
B inside the geometry instead of the literal <-2,-3> (and of course
reverse the order, calculate B before the prism).

Note using splines for that only makes sense if you need to
interpolate between measurements. If you want to render one frame
per measurement just use data point n for frame n.

Also I think you may be misinterpreting the prism. It extrudes
a 1d spline in a second dimension. It will not work if what you
have are corners + edge midpoints of a flat rectangle like this

As most simple linear geometry you could model this
with 4 triangles (or preferable a mesh2 object), as I
think you already did earlier. For a curved representation
use 2 bicubic patches that share the "middle" control points
at their corners but that is a bit more involved:

http://www.joshuarenglish.com/cyclopedia/patches.html