POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open souce/syrup : Re: Open souce/syrup Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open souce/syrup
From: Stephen
Date: 27 Feb 2016 05:03:06
Message: <56d1745a$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/27/2016 8:45 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 27/02/2016 02:56 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> On 2016/02/23 11:08 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> Or, then again, maybe I'm just delusional...
>>
>> You mean when it started? The name Coca-Cola refers to two of its
>> original ingredients: kola nuts, a source of caffeine, and coca
>> leaves(Cocaine). :S
>> I don't think you're that old though. IIRC the sugar manufacturing
>> process may have changed a bit since the 70's.
>>
>> I didn't drink coke until the late 80's and I have noticed
>> inconsistencies in the taste regularly. But it seems only to be a case
>> of this can is slightly sweeter today and the next day it's back to
>> normal.
>>
>> Come to think of it, I think you're right. I'm sure it used to have a
>> bit more zing to it. But that could also be a case of our systems
>> becoming so used to it that you need stronger doses to get the same
>> effect. This is starting to sound like ...
>
> Maybe it was during the whole "New Coke" fiasco. I don't know if that
> was just in the USA though. Or what year that was.
>
> I remember Coca-Cola being somewhat less tangy, and having a slightly
> more caramel flavour.

They* vary the formula over time and space. Different regions have
different tastes and the formula/mix is varied over time. That is to
stop you getting bored with the same taste.

*
They are the bottler and distributor. In Europe it is Coca-Cola
Enterprises. I did a job there a few years back and got the full "Rah
rah" tour.

> But hey, now I just drink Dr Pepper...

Coconut water for me.

--