POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open souce/syrup : Re: Open souce/syrup Server Time
8 Jul 2024 10:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open souce/syrup
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Feb 2016 09:52:02
Message: <56d06692$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/26/2016 6:50 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>

>> Ever thought that it is your taste buds wearing out? After all you are
>> getting on a bit, Sherry. :-P
>>

> :)  You know, I can almost get myself convinced of that--right up until
> I encounter some product that actually tastes right.
>
> Oh, here's another one:  Tomatoes.

[snip]

Well you live and learn. I didn't know that dogs ate tomatoes. I grew up
with three boxers and they would look at you as if you were mad. If you
gave them a salad. But then I am a townie and wouldn't know a tomato
plant from a medicinal hemp plant even if I tripped over one. :-)

> But, as much as she liked those home-grown tomatoes, Amelia Will Not,
> Under Any Circumstances, eat a supermarket tomato.  Home-grown tomatoes,
> fine.  Farmer's market tomatoes, fine.  Supermarket tomatoes, nuh-uh,
> not so much.

I can't say that I blame her.

> Did I mention that she's a DOG?

No I don't think that you did
<Pinteresque pause>

More than a couple of times. :-)

>> That was nicely written and describes exactly how I felt. When I moved
>> to an area where all of the butchers were halal. That's what chicken
>> tasted like when it was a treat. :-)
>>

> Thank you!  (Blushes modestly.)  Yes, I've often heard that the best
> meats come from kosher butcher shops (which, I imagine, is pretty much
> the same thing, politics aside).  Sadly, I seem to be in the wrong part
> of the universe for that sort of place.

One of the advantages of living in the big city. The food may not be
fresh but it is cooked in so many different styles.

>>> * Black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika.  And, of course,
>>> love.
>>>

>> And of course the ingredient you will be keeping back. ;-)
>>

> Well, you COULD add a dash of onion powder if you like.  And perhaps a
> tiny bit of cayenne.  And some--oh, look!  A shiny thing!

My secret ingredient is chilli. Fresh, dried or powder.

>> I and a few others still have a few years on you, young lady. :-)
>>

> OMG, I've stumbled into a nest of geezers!  ;)
>
>> It is good to see you dropping in again.
>>

> Thanks!  FSM willing

FSM? You're not a Pastafarian by any chance?

> and the crick don't rise (and the Internet
> connection fails to fail, and the house doesn't blow away to Oz, and so
> forth), I can hang around a bit.

Thanks, Mrs Dives. ;-)

--

Regards