POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:05:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Feb 2016 13:02:06
Message: <56cdf01e$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:09:46 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> You forgot an imperative? Tsk! Tsk! :)
>>
>> Well, I don't forget imperatives when I'm writing tasks, since that's
>> what our style guide dictates. :)
>>

> Good thing too. Mustn't let the House Style down, old boy. ;-)

Absolutely.  Gerunds sound too samey when looking at a list of titles.

>> Yeah, that does happen.  The easy solution is the group leaves, then
>> one comes back in later.  It's a liability thing for the store.  In
>> some places, they're required to card everyone, but I think it gets a
>> little foggy if you're buying and you've brought your 6-year-old kid in
>> the store, too.
>>

> I wore the front cover of my passport, clean. Carrying it around in the
> heat. Not that I would be buying alcohol every day.
> It seems strange to need to carry ID all the time.

In Utah, I remember there being an issue with someone from outside the US
(maybe it was someone from the UK) trying to buy alcohol with their
regular ID - which didn't include a photo.  Utah requires (or at least
required at one time) a photo ID for purchase.

Jim