POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open souce/syrup : Re: Open souce/syrup Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open souce/syrup
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 Feb 2016 16:08:35
Message: <56ccca53$1@news.povray.org>
On 23/02/2016 07:56 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Orange, lemon, lime, lavender, cinnamon, coriander and nutmeg? Yeah,
>> that's a pretty random combination. I was expecting to see vanilla, but
>> I guess cinnamon and nutmeg is similar.
>
> Those ARE interesting ingredients. Some time back, I wasted a few
> minutes sipping Pepsi with my eyes closed and trying to decide what it
> actually tasted like.* I concluded that it was mainly orange, cinnamon,
> and a little lime. Pretty close.
>
> What I found surprising was how completely unaware I was of the orange
> flavor until I closed my eyes while tasting. The brown color seems to be
> remarkably effective as misdirection.

I may be delusional, but... When I was a kid, I swear Coka-Cola actually
*tasted* of something. And the cheap no-name colas didn't taste anywhere
near as good as actual brand-name Coka-Cola. But now even the brand-name
stuff has little actual flavour; it's just sweet and tangy. And the
no-name stuff tastes more or less indistinguishable from the real-brand
stuff.

Or, then again, maybe I'm just delusional...