POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A Matter of Political Incorrectness : Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Matter of Political Incorrectness
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Feb 2016 16:07:01
Message: <56cb7875$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:12:57 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> That's what I was going to do - finish the gin this weekend.  I *knew*
>> I was forgetting something.
>>

> You forgot an imperative? Tsk! Tsk! :)

Well, I don't forget imperatives when I'm writing tasks, since that's
what our style guide dictates. :)

>>> Something similar in New Mexico. Had to go to Walgreens for spirits
>>> and Walmart for beer.
>>
>> That seems .... random.
>>
> How about this TL episode?
> I was at the checkout in Walmart and two of my colleagues at another,
> buying drink for the barby. Robert had forgotten his ID so Bobby (yes
> true names) said that he had his and would buy it. (A smart move by
> Robert.)
> "No you won't" said the cashier.
> "If I sell it to you. You will give it to him and he does not have an
> ID. I can't sell it you you."

Yeah, that does happen.  The easy solution is the group leaves, then one
comes back in later.  It's a liability thing for the store.  In some
places, they're required to card everyone, but I think it gets a little
foggy if you're buying and you've brought your 6-year-old kid in the
store, too.

> Meanwhile I am trying not to wet myself. :)
> Too bad there were only two stooges there.
> I did not want to become the third one.

LOL

Jim