POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sunlight : Re: Sunlight Server Time
8 Jul 2024 05:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunlight
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Feb 2016 13:53:29
Message: <56c764a9$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/02/2016 03:30 PM, scott wrote:
>> You can re-balance it in post. But it turns out you can either have all
>> the scenery brightly lit (as it actually appears in the real world), or
>> you can have bright sparkles on the water (as it actually appears in the
>> real world). But you cannot have both.
>
> Take multiple exposures, merge them into a single HDR image, then do
> suitable tonemapping to see both the brightly lit scenery and bright
> sparkles together.

To my untrained eyes, it appears that the only way to make the light
spots look light is to make everything else dark. Not even talking about
the limitations of the camera; the monitor only goes up to 255, 255,
255. It cannot go any brighter. The only way to make stuff look bright
seems to be to make everything else dark. (But you're welcome to try...)

> Or you can get one of those "sparkly light" filters that make even weak
> lights sparkle.

Yeah, I wonder if they still make those...