POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer : Re: Moon computer Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:47:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon computer
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 19 Feb 2016 11:32:05
Message: <56c74385@news.povray.org>
On 2016/02/18 10:10 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 17-2-2016 18:40, Nekar Xenos wrote:

>>> There is some controversy about it in another thread ;-)

>>> Not much geothermal (selenothermal might be a more appropriate term)
>>> energy present I am afraid. Contrary to Earth, the Moon does not have a
>>> hot mantle and only a small core, partly molten.
>>
>> So if the nanobots were to convert as much of the mantle as possible
>> into a computer, it should get close enough to the core for
>> "selenothermal" energy?
>>

> I wonder. You would make the Moon shrink, wouldn't you ? And a smaller
> Moon....

The idea is to use self replicating nanobots that use the Iron and
Silicon in the moon to build this computer. The ideal situation would be
to build it in a way that doesn't expel any matter from the Moon nor
shrink nor enlarge it. This might be a problem concerning cooling. Some
say there are many types of glass on the moon, so maybe a photonic
computer would be a good idea if it doesn't get as hot as the Iron and
Silicon computer.

-

I still need to get used to Thunderbird. I keep replying directly to
messages instead of the group :P

-Nekar Xenos-