POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sunlight : Re: Moss Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:37:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moss
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Feb 2016 14:10:30
Message: <56c61726$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/02/2016 08:12 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 17-2-2016 22:41, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> A thousand people a day probably walk over this wooden bridge, oblivious
>> to the alien microcosm literally beneath their feet.
>
> That's a typically human trait. ;-)
>
> btw, I love your photographs.

Thanks!

"I photograph moss" makes me sound like the most boring human alive. But
I just can't get over how intricate its structure is. Plus it seems to
be the most interesting thing around to actually photograph.

Now, laying on the floor in my trench coat, pointing a camera at the
floor, while surrounded by scenic vistas of the lake all around... yeah,
I get some strange looks. :-S Still, several people seem to *like* these
pictures, so...

Next up: either a macro lens, or just a more powerful zoom. Or maybe a
fast prime. AAARGH!! >_<