POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sunlight : Re: Sunlight Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:25:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunlight
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 Feb 2016 14:08:08
Message: <56c61698$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/02/2016 08:16 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 17-2-2016 22:46, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Still, if you point your camera at the sky, or at the water at the right
>> angle, it still looks moody as hell...
>
> These are the most difficult set-ups in photography though, and it is
> visibly winter, so no real surprise for the mood. It is a real challenge
> to balance between the brightness of sky and water and the deep shadows
> around.

You can re-balance it in post. But it turns out you can either have all
the scenery brightly lit (as it actually appears in the real world), or
you can have bright sparkles on the water (as it actually appears in the
real world). But you cannot have both. Make it brighter and the sparkles
go away. It's not a problem with the camera, it's just the limited
dynamic range of a computer screen, I guess...

I'm quite happy with how these came out though, even if it does make the
day look *way* darker than it actually was. :-)