POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Moon computer : Re: Moon computer Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:11:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moon computer
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Feb 2016 05:55:00
Message: <56c5a304$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/18/2016 12:18 AM, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>>> If you could harvest the momentum between moon and earth (moon is
>>> getting further away from earth as time goes on, meaning "moon is
>>> acquiring more orbital speed"... hence energy), you could have some
>>> energy for your nanobots and make the moon stays longer with the earth.
>>>

>> There is a big temperature difference between the day and night sides of
>> the Moon. So maybe a thermopile solution could be found.
>>

> I was just thinking the same thing.  Large numbers of thin rods of different
> metals extending through the core from dark side to light side, and you have a
> thermocouple.

I would have thought that a series of Thermopile Arrays on the surface
would be a better engineering solution. You would not need to worry
about hitting the core. But if you were going to drill to the core.
Taking the heat directly would be a better solution.

> On the other hand, if you want to get really wild, make it a photonic computer
> and use the light of the sun directly.

An even better solution.

> It would be immune to gamma rays and Electromagnetic interference, and if you
> used volumetric data storage, you would probably never run out of space.

That is true. "640K ought to be enough for anybody." ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen