POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Searching the Help file. : Re: Searching the Help file. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:01:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching the Help file.
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 13 Feb 2016 13:02:20
Message: <56bf6fac@news.povray.org>
On 2/8/2016 9:33 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 2/1/2016 8:52 AM, Stephen wrote:
>>   There has been some talk about how the search function in the Help
>> file is broken.
>> I had forgotten about this workaround until I used it without thinking.
>> When you search for a keyword and Help takes you to the top of a large
>> page. Left click on the right hand pane and press Ctrl + F to bring up a
>> search box. There you can search for your keyword.
>>

> Just to be clear about this I'm responding to the head of this thread so
> as to not have it taken that I'm commenting to anyone in particular.
>
> I'm absolutely certain the problem is all the indexentry tags that DID
> NOT get converted to the new format imposed at the last minute.
>
> I'm going to go ahead and step back from this.

attached is a gzip archive which contains php scripts notes and results
that show the scope of the problem. no images included to reduce the
payload of the archive

createSubIndex.php scans the files in directory tagged (these files are
un-post processed windows docs pulled from wiki) and writes to directory
indexed. the .txt files are the break outs. of special interest ...
progress.txt as you can see there are > 1500 tags that need to be
converted in the wiki mark-up

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'subject-index.tar.gz' (1442 KB)