POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Reflex : Re: Reflex Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflex
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 1 Feb 2016 16:30:39
Message: <56afce7f$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/02/2016 07:22 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

>  > stuff
>
> Welcome to the world of photography. :)

Well, I was here before, but yeah, it seems I have a much more capable
tool in my hands now.

> You'll soon find out your lens is not that good for outdoor shots, so
> you'll need a wide angle. and a telephoto lens. And a portrait lens. And
> a macro lens. And a tripod. And a remote trigger. Directional flash.
> Remote flash. Diffuser. Back drop....

I already have a tripod. It isn't very *good*, but I have one.

adjustable, so you can use the ceiling as your diffuser. (If you
indoors, at least.) 18 meters at ISO 100, f/1.

I bought the camera from John Lewis, who apparently don't sell any
accessories at all. [Except the carry bag I already purchased.] But I

each. (I gather my current lens has a list price of around that, meaning
that the lens is significantly more expensive than the actual camera!)

Weirdly, I can't seem to find white-balance calibration cards... Maybe
Jessops sell them in-store and just don't list them on their website?
(Also, didn't Jessops get liquidated years ago??)

Given the photos I've shot so far, it seems that the camera has stopped
being the limiting factor. The problem now is light. There isn't enough.
Or it's the wrong colour. Or it's in the wrong place...

I guess that's the problem with it being winter, so there's no daylight.
And my flat is quite dimly lit. (Do you know what colour temperature is?
My friend Tungsten does...)