POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management : Re: Desk Management Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desk Management
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Date: 31 Jan 2016 01:21:14
Message: <56ada7da@news.povray.org>
The internal organs of this gadget sound somewhat similar to those of
the Microsoft Ergonomic Whatsit of some years back, the one that vaguely
resembled a grand piano.  I trust that you've wiped down *all* the
contacts with an alcohol prep pad...?

As I recall, the trick with the MS Whozit was to lift out the sheet with
the printed circuits, tip it slightly, and squint at it--*any* spot that
the looked a little brownish or burnt got a good wipe-down with alcohol.
  I did manage to resurrect a couple of them multiple times with this
treatment.

And consider--if you can get U and I to work, you can live without caps
lock.  :)

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+