POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management : Re: Desk Management Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:39:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desk Management
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jan 2016 23:52:44
Message: <56ad931c$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.01.2016 um 17:27 schrieb Stephen:

>> But I'm mildly optimistic about the specimen I gave a few sips of coke
>> to drink. I've gone for the disassemble-cleanse-reassemble approach now.
>
> That's good. It will five you something to do over the weekend. ;-)
> And we all know what happens when you put coper coins in a can of coke.

No banana, unfortunately. The U, I and Caps Lock keys remain dead, and
seem unwilling to be revived.

Which means that for now I'm stuck with a spare keyboard I originally
bought for the occasional direct access to my otherwise headless Linux
box, chosen specifically for its tiny dimensions and affordable price.
/Not/ the thing that's fun to use for software development.

I hate to be begging, but as I'm currently short on money (and high on
round tuits since a couple of days now, which is a bad sign as far as
finances go), while at the same time I don't see a point in replacing
one crappy keyboard with another marginally less crappy one, I'd like
everyone to know that donations would be highly welcome at this point.

I guess my current dream keyboard would be one of these:

http://www.amazon.de/registry/wishlist/VJ0OCNX5ZOGH

Having gotten quite used to the 12 programmable macro keys on the G19, I
must confess I'm hesitant to get anything with fewer of those.