POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management : Re: Desk Management Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desk Management
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jan 2016 11:27:19
Message: <56ace467$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-Gaming-Tastatur-schnurgebunden-deutsches-Tastaturlayout/dp/B001S2W5U2

> I had found that one already. Did you have a look at the price for a new
> one? EUR 421,68, that's about 320 GBP at the current exchange rate.

No I did not. You could buy two cheap laptops at PC World for that
price. (If you had taken leave of your senses.)
I thought the price of the German one was pricy so that's why I posted
the UK one without thinking.

>> or
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-920-000978-G19-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B001RORKH4
>
> Not an option, as it sure as hell isn't a German one.

Colour me thick. I forgot about that. I was given a laptop for work and
it had a Norwegian k/board.
Quite inconvenient.

> But I'm mildly optimistic about the specimen I gave a few sips of coke
> to drink. I've gone for the disassemble-cleanse-reassemble approach now.

That's good. It will five you something to do over the weekend. ;-)
And we all know what happens when you put coper coins in a can of coke.

> So the only thing that still worries me is the keyboard electronics. I'm
> not sure whether I want to drown that in water just to be sure, or just
> be content with having wiped it with a wet cloth and then wiped it dry
> again.

I would have rinsed it off and maybe rinsed of the water with alcohol
before drying. That is an option for later if it does not work.

> Oh, and then of course there's the other thing to be worried about:
> Whether I'll be able to reassemble it properly ;)

I'm terrible with membranes and the like. And I’ve never successfully
put back together anything that used an elastomeric connector.

--

Regards
     Stephen