POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim : Re: Skyrim Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:07:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 30 Jan 2016 04:41:18
Message: <56ac853e@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2016 11:16 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> In Fallout, the problem is that you'll never find anything valuable to
> sell. In Skyrim, the problem is that you'll never find anybody who can
> afford to buy your stuff off you. Like, I found a magical staff that the
> game reckons is worth about 3,000 gold coins. I have yet to meet a
> merchant of any kind who has more than 500 gold coins in total. So this
> extremely valuable item appears to be totally illiquid.

The solution, it seems, is to buy something first. Then you can sell the
more valuable stuff. Which makes it seem like they're banking with me,
not the other way around... (It also provably cannot result in you
ending up with more coin than you started with.)

> Even just figuring out who to sell which items to is entirely
> nontrivial. In Fallout, there is (as far as I can tell) only one trading
> post in the entire world, and they buy and sell anything. In Whiterun
> alone, there's a general goods place, an alchemy place and a hunting
> supplies place. (There's also meant to be a blacksmith; I really need to
> find that guy...)

Woo! Found the blacksmith shop. Now I can sell all the weird weapons I
keep finding for a reasonable price...

Since I only buy armour that's better than what I currently have, I now
have a really weird mixture of armour from multiple different races. My
character looks strange. ;-)