POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim : Re: Skyrim Server Time
5 Jul 2024 04:08:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jan 2016 18:59:53
Message: <56aaab79$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:08:07 +0100, clipka wrote:

> Am 28.01.2016 um 19:06 schrieb Jim Henderson:
>
>> The other one is named Mushi - he's a short-haired tuxedo, but he got
>> that name because, as our son Ken said, "he's got mushy brains".  His
>> official name is "Indiana", after Indiana Jones (we found him at about
>> 2 weeks - if not less - abandoned by his mother in our back yard, and
>> he yelled until Ken found him, and then climbed into Ken's hands).
>
> You do know that in German, "Muschi" is equivalent to the English
> "Pussy" (in every respect)? (Though in German the "u" is pronounced more
> like a short "oo").

I didn't, but that makes for a funny name for "cat".

I think originally, Ken spelled it "mooshie", but it shifted to "Mushi"
as a sort of pseudo-Japanesification of the name (we have family from
Japan).  Actually, "Mushi" in Japanese (as Romanji) translates to
"Neglect" (according to Google Translate), which sadly is what his mother
did to him, so the name also is apt in that translation.

> Anyway, that reminds me of one of the cats we had, that also got a name
> (actually quite a bunch of names) for being a bit weird. We assume she
> was epileptic. Also a tux, btw.

It turns out that ours has a serious heart condition, with the start of
congestive heart failure.  He's also missing a disc in his spine, which
explains a host of other medical problems he's had over the years.
Still, he's a stubborn cat ("little cat" is hardly appropriate for a cat
that's 15 lbs), and he's made it nearly 13 years so far.

Jim