POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim : Re: Skyrim Server Time
5 Jul 2024 03:41:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jan 2016 13:06:56
Message: <56aa58c0$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:38:24 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 1/27/2016 11:48 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:54:21 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>>

>>> Fit like, ma loon?
>>> :)
>>
>> No comprendo. :)
>>
> How are you my young man.
> Aberdeen dialect.

That would explain it. :)

Never encountered that one before, I don't think.

>>> The part where you missed out what your cat is called. :P
>>
>> Ah - the two in question are Fynn (most people don't have a problem
>> with that) and Eiyrt (which proves a lot more challenging for most -
>> one vet tech was so pleased she had it right that we didn't have the
>> heart to tell her she was actually saying it wrong.)
>>

> I would not have a clue.

"Finn" for the first. :)

"Air't" for the second (that's a close approximation).

The names translate to "Light" and "Shadow".  One is a white flame point,
the other a grey lilac point, and I didn't want to use the boring
"everyone's done this already" English names. :)

The other one is named Mushi - he's a short-haired tuxedo, but he got
that name because, as our son Ken said, "he's got mushy brains".  His
official name is "Indiana", after Indiana Jones (we found him at about 2
weeks - if not less - abandoned by his mother in our back yard, and he
yelled until Ken found him, and then climbed into Ken's hands).

So a bit of an adventurer.  But the name never stuck, other than on
official paperwork.

>> Yeah. It's the "Catalonians" who are not as good natured
>
> I did not find that but then I make sure people know that I am a
> Northern Brit. That works wonders. :D

Lots of places have a North, I hear. :)

>> as he'd served an LDS mission in Barcelona,
>
> I always read that as LSD. Have a good trip Man. ;)

LOL

>> I thought it'd be nice to get him a book that showed some of Barcelona
>> -
>> but he didn't speak or read Spanish (or Catalan) at all, so I thought a
>> nice book of photos would be good. :)
>>

> I got a book on Gaudi's architecture. The pictures could have come from
> a LDS mission. ;)

LOL, true enough.  I think Sagrada Familia figured heavily into the book
I ended up finding for him.

I wonder where the book ended up when he died a couple years ago.

Jim