POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug? Partial Render +C : Re: Bug? Partial Render +C Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:07:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Partial Render +C
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Jan 2016 06:26:27
Message: <56a9fae3$1@news.povray.org>
Good answer. Might be. However, the image sizes were not changes, means,
they were the same. But maybe rounding or otherwise processing numbers
behind the period sign of a float could cause the problem inside the POV
Engine. Imagine, you divide 10 by 3. The result (3.33333333) has many
numbers behind the period sign. But if a variable inside the programming
code allows only for - let's say - 3 numbers after that period sign
(3.333), and later that float value is for some reason multiplied by 3
again or in any other way processed, it would not lead back to the
original 10, but only to a "9.999".

Maybe, and that is just an unknowing assumption on my side, something
like that inside POV-Ray's programming code causes this unexactness: the
type of a float variable. But I am not sure. I develop software by
myself, too. But not in C++, but in Pascal/Delphi.

But I hope, this can be resolved somewhen.