POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug? Partial Render +C : Re: Bug? Partial Render +C Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:38:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? Partial Render +C
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Jan 2016 03:13:22
Message: <56a9cda2$1@news.povray.org>
Kenneth, that means, I might have a bug on my own, inside my quality
settings. This is really a buggy world in which we live...

CLipka, my apologies. I know how that feels. Remember, I am a software
programmer, too. I know how it is, not to be able to see the forest
because of all these trees. Happened to me soo many times. Often needed
others to find that forest for me.

With "un-exactness in programming" I meant actually that maybe something
similar to my "blob problem" has occurred here: that the programming
code somehow does not make use of very exact mathematics - remember that
...-E2 and ...-E3 problem with my blob. I use a large image resolution,
maybe that makes things visible. Not sure.

Tried already to load again the previous work version of that UNIX
POV-Ray? Maybe you didn't make too many changes to that UNIX version, so
you don't lose too many new changes. I wished I could tell you better
ideas. But I don't program in C++, nor do I have deep insight to UNIX. I
only worked here and there with LINUX (Ubuntu). But Windows is my home,
otherwise.

But I can tell you something else: that we all who use POV-Ray, are
happy that there are you and the other POV-Ray developers. It is your
hard work, that makes our dreams becoming (at least: looking) real.

Well, at the moment I have no means to find out, which of the two parts
is displaced. You're right - it could be even the upper (first) part! I
can't find out, because I don't have that partial render anymore. And
what you saw, was just a screen shot. Even worse - at the moment I am
rendering another partial scene, since three days now - and cannot
afford to stop rendering again until it is finish. So, at this moment,
my own possibilities to reproduce that error and give you that
information, are not existing. I believe, the render will still take
another week before finish. (My next computer will be a Cray Super
Computer, I hope.)