POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim : Re: Skyrim Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:10:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim
From: scott
Date: 25 Jan 2016 05:30:01
Message: <56a5f929@news.povray.org>
>> BedfordshireBerkshire
>> Buckinghamshire
>> Cambridgeshire
>> Cheshire
>> Derbyshire
>> Gloucestershire
>> Hampshire
>> Herefordshire
>> Hertfordshire <--- 1 whole character different!
>> Lancashire
>> Leicestershire
>> Lincolnshire
>> Northamptonshire
>> Nottinghamshire
>> Oxfordshire
>> Shropshire
>> Staffordshire
>> Warwickshire
>> Wiltshire
>> Worcestershire
>> East Riding of Yorkshire
>> North Yorkshire
>> South Yorkshire
>> West Yorkshire
>
> ...and yet, The Shire is in New Zealand. Go figure.
>
> Still, at least these are *pronounceable*! :-P

Yes they are all pronouneable if you know how to pronounce them :-) Ever
heard foreigners trying to pronounce the ones with "cester" in them? I
still find place names around here that I have no idea how to pronounce
correctly, or worse find out I've been saying them wrong, and I was born
here! Imagine what it's like for foreigners...