POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Skyrim : Re: Skyrim Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 24 Jan 2016 17:35:23
Message: <56a551ab@news.povray.org>
On 24/01/2016 11:16 AM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Actually, it turns out there's quite a few caves and barrows scattered
> around the place where you can go underground and loot stuff. And
> they're almost all infested with draugrs. (Although I did manage to find
> one cave that was spiders and mages.)

This is slightly weird, actually. Like, you go to Whiterun, enter their
"Hall of Ancesters", and you're in a regular dungeon fighting zombies
and stuff. But if you think about it, you're slicing up Whiterun's
revered ancestors, looting their corpses and stealing all the grave
goods. And then you walk into the main Whiterun shop and sell the stuff
back to them. And everybody is... OK with this?

> So far, I've only managed to kill two in the entire game. Which is
> problematic, because apparently I need another dragon soul to complete
> the next step in one of the side-quests. That means it looks like I need
> to go purposely *find* a dragon and kill it - and that's just crazy
> talk. I don't know, maybe I just need to gather better gear or
> something... but I have *no idea* what would actually help at this
> point. Dragons are immune to just about everything except arrows, and
> nothing increases their damage, accuracy or range, so...

Well, it seems if you wander around for long enough, eventually dragons
come and find you! And if that happens in a populated area... yeah, just
get all the armed guards do the work for you. ;-)

So I managed to unlock the required Thu'um and use it on the Wind Stone.
Which summoned a beast that's really hard to kill - not least because it
has regenerating health. (!) Fortunately I found an AI glitch where he
just stayed rooted to the spot until I finished him. Unfortunately, at
the next Stone, there were two of the damned things. I think I need to
go find some better armour or something...

> It seems there's still lots more to learn about the game. (Alchemy,
> enchantments, how to learn new spells, etc.)

So today I went on a nature hike and collected every ingredient I could
find. I tested each and every one, and... almost none of them go
together to make a potion. Oh, except lavender + tundra cotton. That
does something.

After much travelling to various remote lands, I've now discovered one
or two combinations that actually do something. It's kind of an
adventure! And considering that most ingredients can be bought or sold
for not more than 5 coins, the potions they make are remarkably
valuable... I particularly enjoy the potion that restores 22 stamina and
does 15 health damage. Yeah, like that's really useful to me. Still, it
sells for a good price.

I wasn't actually trying to, but I happened upon a few more dungeons and
sold the stuff I found, and sold the not-so-good potions, and now I have
over 10,000 gold. So I bought lots of upgrades to Breezeholm. It's
looking quite nice now.

However, I'm still getting my arse handed to me in combat, so I think
it's time to actually go join the mage college...